Introductions are awkward, so let's just dive right in.

Hey there, soon-to-be loyal readers! Welcome to my blog. A deep look at the inside of my brain during my sophomore year. Instead of your typical first blog post, outlining what I hope to discuss in this blog, I decided to add this fancy little gadget to the side of my page. This blog is basically about the crazy true things that have been happening to myself/my friends/the student body at my run of the mill school in good ol' Colorado. As soon as the posts start going up, you'll know pretty much what I'm hoping to...achieve? anyways... Happy Reading!
Your adoring blogger
Eden

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Truth About Forever

Here's some food for thought.
I hate that expression. "Food for thought" I think all the time. why would i need food to think? Wouldn't you get insanely fat if you were eating and thinking simultaneously? gah.

Because the last post was one intended to make you fall out of your chair laugh and hit your head on the floor just hard enough so that you didn't get a concussion, it's going to be balanced out with a less light-hearted blog post.

While conjuring up more witty blog posts today, two things crossed my mind: 1. My Best friend, Keeli. 2. A book I recently finished reading.

How does one have to do with another?
Well the first isn't really about Keeli herself, but often what we talk about. In the midst of signing up for next year's IB classes and working on this horrible project called the MGRR, we are both pretty much confused out of our minds and have a general feeling that whatever we decide to do for now, or next year, is going to be the difference between being high successful, or being a hobo. Hence, when we are Iming, texting or talking,we often turn to each other and ask: "what am I doing with my life?" except usually we're upset or confused to it turns out to be more like:
"WhAT AM i doiiiiinnnnnggg with my Lyyyyyiieeeeeeeeeeeeeefaaaaaaah!!!!!"

get the picture?

The second thing was my recent completion of the book: "The Truth About Forever" by Sara Dessen. While I'm not the type of girl who is into sappy romance novels, this had the perfect balance of literature and relateablility. Is that a word? autocorrect didn't seem to think so... This book first attracted me because I think a creative title is more alluring than anything else, especially if I think it's going to somehow teach me some lesson or show me something new.

In this book, a girl who was going through a very tough time in her life found happiness and revival through the love of a really nice guy and the mindset of doing what makes her happy. In the end, she makes what I have found to be one of the greatest conclusions ever drawn on the subject of time, and how we live our lives. It answers the great question I was asking all through the book, on the very. last. page. It goes like this:

"You just never knew. Forever was so many different things. It was always changing, it was what everything was really all about. It was twenty minutes, or a hundred years, or just this instant, or any instant I wished would last and last. But there was only one truth about forever that really mattered, and that was this: it was happening."

I'm not going to bore you with terrible cliche's (I couldn't figure out how to make that accent mark on here. too dumb) like "Live in the moment" or "do what makes you happy and you will be happy." That sappy crap is for facebook pages that people are intended to like, but not here. So I leave you with that passage...and the whole "food for thought" thing I mentioned earlier. blegh.

1 comment:

  1. You have so much time for everything, to find out what you're doing. I know of a guy who was, at different times, a pickup artist who lived in a Hollywood mansion, a professional gambler, and a modern nomad.

    There's so much out there, and you have years and years!

    ReplyDelete