Introductions are awkward, so let's just dive right in.

Hey there, soon-to-be loyal readers! Welcome to my blog. A deep look at the inside of my brain during my sophomore year. Instead of your typical first blog post, outlining what I hope to discuss in this blog, I decided to add this fancy little gadget to the side of my page. This blog is basically about the crazy true things that have been happening to myself/my friends/the student body at my run of the mill school in good ol' Colorado. As soon as the posts start going up, you'll know pretty much what I'm hoping to...achieve? anyways... Happy Reading!
Your adoring blogger
Eden

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mom's in Switzerland, Dad's shopping for cars, I'm watching the Grammy's

Neither of these three are super exciting on their own, but together they make one amazing blog post...or one super cheesy one. We're going to address these one at a time.

1. I'm watching the Grammy's
Why is Lady Gaga in an egg....WHY? She is not a chicken embryo. I think by performing "Born This Way" she's actually just trying to tell the world she's a space alien. I mean seriously, have you seen the blue lipstick? Also Miranda Lambert was whiny and I had to turn her off because my ears were bleeding.

2. Mom is in Switzerland
I always get nervous when she goes out of town because I love her and don't want her to die in a firey plane crash. It's really quite a fear of mine. But no, alas, she is safe in Zuric right now for the next ten days selling ginormous printers and software programs to head honchos in europe who speak in such thick accents that when she's on business calls with them I wonder if she's actually going crazy. All I hear on the phone is:
Mom: "And this is why the new marketing strategy is essential to the company blah blah blahhh"
European Buisness exec: "shalou a fanous da de bah wah nipdop blip o zee quooo."
Did you get that? Neither did I .
Unfortunately, her being gone means that the ratio of testosterone to estrogen has increased and therefore the house is a little messier and the tv is on more often. No complaining, though. None at all.

3. Dad's shopping for cars, which has been an interesting experience. We went to about three dealerships yesterday and I'm pretty sure every salesperson thought that I was his wife. I do resemble my mom, but let's be real, people. What's even funnier is we got even more judging looks when my dad told them that the reason for his purchase was because "My 15 year old right here is about to get her license and she's going to take my car, so I need a new one." No, Mr. snotty nosed man from Kia with hair the color of a polar bear's butt...My father is not a pedophile. I hope some pigeons poop on the cars you just washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment