Introductions are awkward, so let's just dive right in.

Hey there, soon-to-be loyal readers! Welcome to my blog. A deep look at the inside of my brain during my sophomore year. Instead of your typical first blog post, outlining what I hope to discuss in this blog, I decided to add this fancy little gadget to the side of my page. This blog is basically about the crazy true things that have been happening to myself/my friends/the student body at my run of the mill school in good ol' Colorado. As soon as the posts start going up, you'll know pretty much what I'm hoping to...achieve? anyways... Happy Reading!
Your adoring blogger
Eden

Sunday, January 16, 2011

5 Reasons Why We Need To Re-build My High School.

My high school, an old rotting brick building, has been undergoing some fantastic construction projects lately...acutally, that's a lie, the recent construction projects have led to asbestos exposure and the electrocution of a squirrel who chewed through some power lines...Anyways, despite the labored efforts of many construction workers, the 70's built landmark would most benefit from being torn down and completely rebuilt, which is obviously completely unreasonable because it would cost too much money and there's no way they could get it done during the summer. gosh dang.
Here are five reason's why they need to take a wrecking ball to the school:

1. There's always a very odd smell around the back part of the school. I don't know if the bathroom are being occupied by someone who just had taco bell, or the science classrooms are burning garbage, but either way it's nasty...and it's permanent.
2. The carpet looks like muppet died on it. It's the weirdest shade of grey, has unidentifiable stains that cover almost every inch, and occasionally you can spot glitter stuck in it...which is the result of a senior prank that happened a few years back (kudos to them, btw)
3. It's a dungeon. I would estimate that only about 40% of the classrooms have windows facing out to the beautiful sunshing. Our school basically has a main level and a basement level because it on a slope. Henceforth, you hardly ever get good enough reception to text in class. Best-case scenario is that you can wave your phone above your head while the prison guards...i mean...teachers...have their backs to you.
4. The ceilings. Not only are they crazy low, causing those extremely tall basketball playing boys to look like they're about to hit their heads...but the white tiles which cover them are either:
a. Falling out
b. jammed with pencils
c. have abstract stains on them which, if you turn your head the right way, can look like Jesus descending from the heavens.
5. The Grandma building has seen better days. Since it was build in the 70's the building has been given many additions, but to no avail. The hallways can barely accommodate the student body during passing periods, the auditorium can barely fit our spectators for all the concerts and plays we do, and it's just downright gross.

Don't get me wrong, I love my school...and after the recent completion of the locker room construction, I am thankful that I don't have to change in the suffocating bathrooms where you had to attempt to change while also trying to avoid getting too close to everyone else's unclothed bodies and B.O....very. thankful.

but I do think that some new mold-free walls would do everyone some good...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment